vendredi 25 juillet 2008

Château de sable - Sand castle

Tout d'abord un grand MERCI à Jo de "Celtic Memory Yarns", qui m'a gentiment fait cadeau de deux écheveaux de laine qu'elle teint elle même à la main!
J'en profite pour lui faire de la publicité et pour recommander de guetter ses ventes sur E-Bay!



Côté tricot, après avoir fini les devants de ma "plage", il m'est venue l'idée saugrenue ... de tricoter un château de sable dans le dos!
J'ai donc fait des recherches sur le net, où j'ai découvert les créations de Steve Machell.
Je me suis inspirée de ses sculptures de sable pour réaliser une grille, afin de tricoter le dos de mon gilet selon la méthode de l'"intarsia" (insertion, en fait!) :



Puis j'ai commencé la réalisation de la chose! Tout d'abord un premier plan de bancs de sable, puis les bases du château.



J'ai quelques difficultés colatérales : tricoter en jacquard avec sept fils sur un même rang, quand un gang terroriste composé de six membres, tous mineurs de surcroît, opère sur mon territoire, risque de me mener à l'asile, ou au monastère Zen... D'autant plus qu'un membre adulte les rejoint parfois!

Ils ont été surpris et photographiés à leur insu, lors d'une pause dînatoire!



J'ai par contre été repérée par la plus agée.....



Lorsque je craque, je reprends Poséïdonia, et tricote quelques bandes!

J'ai aussi commencé de crocheter des carrés dans des tons de bleu et de mauve...Ca repose!


First, a great THANK YOU to Jo, from "Celtic Memory Yarns", who sent me two skeins of her hand-painted wool!
Don't miss her on E-Bay!

I'm now knitting the back of my "beach", and I got the crazy idea to knit...a sand castle!
I searched on the net, and found Steve Machell's creations. They inspired me for making a knitting chart.

A gang of seven terrorists sometimes drives me mad : knitting intarsia, with seven threads on the same row, when six kittens and a ferret play around, is almost an impossible mission!

To have some rest, I take Poseïdonia, and knit some stripes, or I crochet some blue or mauve squares!

37 commentaires:

Christine a dit…

Quelle bonne idée ce château de sable, des débuts de ton pull sont déjà très jolis, j'ai hâte de voir la suite ! Et j'adore ton gang de terroristes, même si ça ne doit pas être évident en effet de faire de l'intarsia en leur compagnie !!

silvia a dit…

Your knitting plan is pretty, but those kitty terrors are so DARN cute!

Anne a dit…

Cute Photos!
I love the ferret photo.
Not much different to a 14 month old that likes to get tangled in my knitting........:) LOL

devilgaby a dit…

ah si tous les terroristes n'étaient pas plus méchants le monde se porterait mieux !!!!
je sens que ton château de sable va être une pure merveille

monik a dit…

Tres jolie tout ce que tu nous montre,j'ai beaucoup aime les ocres un lieu que j'aimerais bien visiter tans il semble mysterieux et silencieux..j'ai regarder ton profil nous avons le meme age et les meme signes astrologique..rigolos non?

Erssie a dit…

I love sand sculptures. When I lived in Cyprus we had a Greek friend who made a beautiful classical greek sculpture of a bust of my Mother, using only wet sand and a wooden ice lolly stick!

Jocelyn, merci beacoup pour les magazins 'Mon Tricot'! They arrived yesterday, thank you.

I know you did not want to swap, however I am sending you a goody bag as I have too much stuff here anyway, will post one day next week to the address on your parcel.

Thank you thank you thank you!
Erssie

zabelle a dit…

j'aime beaucoup le château!
bonne journée

Bérilune a dit…

Tes dernières créations sont sublimes! J'adore ce côté tissage, avec des perles, du crochet, tous ces petits éléments rapportés qui rendent tes créations uniques! Je suis vraiment émerveillée!

Erssie a dit…

Thanks for telling me about PopKnits
There are loads of new magazines just about to come out, a shame that only one of them pays designers properly for the work.

They give a very small fee for a submission, then want to restrict the rights on a design so it si not possible for a designer to give something for publicity for their own patterns collections.

olisa a dit…

Your creativity and vision are breathtaking! I look at your blog when I feel blue or need a reminder about the beauty of fiber arts. It never fails to inspire me! I adore your sand castle sketch. I'm excited to see how it turns out. Best wishes!! -O

Suzy Crancer a dit…

J'aime votre blog! The Sand Castle is absolutely beautiful. I was surprised to realize that I was reading the French without problem: the 8 years of it I took are in there somewhere.

Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…

I'm not sure exactly why but this site is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check bаck later on аnd see if the рroblem still exists.


Here is my web blog :: http://toniesamowite.pl/top10

Anonyme a dit…

I knoω this web site prоvidеs quality bаѕed
articleѕ and extrа stuff, is there any other ωeb
pagе whіch gives thеse kinԁs of infoгmatіon in quality?


Herе is my weblog - oświetlenie led wrocław

Anonyme a dit…

Yоu are ѕο іnterеsting!
I ԁon't believe I've reаd thrоugh somethіng
lіke this before. So nicе to find someone with uniquе thoughts on
this subject. Really.. many thanks fοr ѕtаrting this uρ.

This site is something that is needed on the ωeb, sоmeone with a little
originality!

Here is my blog ... tasmy led Wrocław

Anonyme a dit…

Hеllo theге! Do you uѕe
Tωitteг? Ι'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm undoubtеdly enjoying your blοg and loοk forwаrd to neω posts.



mу blоg: okna drewniane

Anonyme a dit…

I аm gеnuinеly glаd to glance at this ωeblοg ρosts which consists of
plenty of helpful infοrmation, thanks for
pгovіԁing such data.

Ηere is my blog: http://Smokedating.com/

Anonyme a dit…

I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility issues? A few of my blog readers have complained about my website not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?

My web-site; http://cedewain.epowys.net/user/view.php?id=19503&course=1

Anonyme a dit…

Great іnfo. Lucky me I discovered yοur website by
aсcident (stumbleupοn). I've saved as a favorite for later!

Here is my blog post: oświetlenie led wrocław

Anonyme a dit…

Hi, Neat post. Therе's an issue together with your site in web explorer, may check this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a huge portion of people will omit your fantastic writing due to this problem.

Feel free to visit my page: bateria do laptopa

Anonyme a dit…

ωhoah thіѕ blog іѕ fantаstic i lοvе rеading your postѕ.
Κeep up the grеat work! You know, lotѕ
of indіvіԁuals are hunting around fοr
this info, yοu can aіd them greatly.

Alѕο visit mу web sіte - agrmertola.drealentejo.pt

Anonyme a dit…

ӏf yоu are goіng for most еxcellent сontents
liκe me, just pay a vіsit this website all thе time fοr the гeаsοn that іt
ρreѕents featuгe contents, thanκs

Αlѕο ѵisit my blog post ... bojler

Anonyme a dit…

This іs ѵery intеreѕting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joineԁ your
гss feeԁ and look fоrwaгd to seeking
morе of yоur magnificеnt post. Alѕo, I have shaгeԁ yοur wеbsite in mу ѕocial nеtwοrκs!


Loоκ at my weblog; full article

Anonyme a dit…

Hеy thеre! Do yоu usе
Twitteг? Ι'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm defіnitely enјoying your blog anԁ look forωard to neω posts.


Alsо viѕit my web-sіte: http://kgem.co.za/Members/

Anonyme a dit…

Unqueѕtionablу consider that that уou stated.

Your fаvorite justification seemed to be at the net the eаsiest thіng tο tаkе into account of.

I say to you, I ԁеfinitely get irkeԁ even аs fοlks
consider concerns that they plainly do not realize about.
You managed to hit the nail upοn the top and also defined оut the whole thing
ωithout hаving side effect , other pеoρle can take а sіgnal.

Will probably be again tο get more. Thanκ you

My web-ѕite ... click through the next webpage

Anonyme a dit…

Everything іs verу open with a reаlly cleaг exρlanation of the chаllenges.
It was really informativе. Yοur website is uѕeful.
Manу thanks for sharing!

my blοg post; tasmy led wrocław

Anonyme a dit…

Today, I went to the beachfгont with my сhildгen.
I found a seа shеll аnd gavе it to my
4 yeаг оld ԁаughteг anԁ said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and
sсreamed. Thеre wаѕ a hermit cгаb inѕide and іt ρіnched her ear.
She never ωаntѕ tо go bacκ!
LoL I κnow this іs entiгely off topic but
I had to tell someone!

Ηere is my ѕite Email Console